Sunday, June 30, 2013

Confession #2: Potty Mouth

Okay, I admit it: I have said some not-nice words with my precious child nearby. There! Now you know...but I'm trying to quit! Actually, I am and I think I've been doing a pretty good job at it. For a while these words were known to my kid as, "Mommy's Mean Words." Luckily I have a kid that wouldn't dare repeat what I say (yeah, right). No, like I said before, he's really a good kid.

Swear words were used A LOT in my house growing up and I placed myself in the company of others that used the ignorant lingo, so the habit is hard to break...even as I quickly approach 40! Why am I so harsh with the words and the people who use them? Because I think I'm right (yet another confession for another day). I have been around people and have participated in dropping F-bombs and the like for many years and I can tell you that it never sounds brilliant! It hurts my soul when I hear parents using them on their children (although, at times I can almost understand why...confession?)

No comments:

Post a Comment