Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Confession #14: Okay, So I DON'T Know It All

Okay, so I don't have a diploma from the Knowitall University...I admit I know practically NOTHING about a lot of things. Today some friends and I were talking about unity and family and how they keep it all together and I realized I don't have any of that! I don't have family unity and I don't have the personal examples they all seemed to have. I was even asked my opinion on something and I had to admit that I had no clue and that in fact I was taking notes on what they were talking about!

I thought I was doing okay but in reality everything is so mixed up. Nothing is in order, nothing is set right. Of course I can excuse some of it because we're in the middle of a huge move for my little family but I can think back a few years and realize how lost I really was/am.

I was listening and taking mental note on what was said and how happy everyone was talking about how their families get together and talk about stuff, how they've supported each other through thick and thin, and I was sad. One lady piped up and told me I shouldn't be sad because I can start all of this right now for my own little circle. Then I was overwhelmed because instead of having years of experience and examples of what to do and what not to do, I have to start from scratch! Sure, I have friend's examples but I no one to call in the middle of the night when things are really, really bad and I need reassurance right then and there...it's just me, and my husband, and God.

I suppose I'm the pioneer on more levels than I thought...yet another thing I didn't know about...


No comments:

Post a Comment