Sunday, August 25, 2013

Confession #15: I LOVE My Husband!

My Great Grandmother and the Love of her life
I suppose it should be no surprise that I truly love my husband, but I just had to make this confession today because today is our anniversary! We have had a rocky time at being married (I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about)...We've had some crazy things happen to us that I thought NEVER would, some good, some bad. Finally, after 8 years I think I have figured out all the answers to every marriage question, how to be not only the perfect wife but also the perfect mother, know how to completely balance a checkbook, donate to all the right organizations...ah, the list can on and on!

...not really...

I only know of some things NOT to do...sometimes BUT I do know that I have finally found the Best Friend I have been searching for my ENTIRE life.

When I think about my marriage and the man who wakes up beside me every morning despite all the things that have tried to stop that from happening and that song from The Sound of Music comes to my mind. You know the one...

Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somewhere in my wicked, miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth
For here you are, standing there, loving me
Whether or not you should
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good

Yeah, that's about right... 


No comments:

Post a Comment