Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Confession #16: Running On Empty





At the beginning of the year, I went for a jog every single morning (except Sunday...girl's gotta rest sometime!) I had a training schedule and everything because after a near 20 year hiatus, I was going to complete a 5K! That's right! Weighing in at a whopping 260 pounds, come heck or high water, I was determined to do this 5K by the middle of March.

And for a little over 2 months I was out there plugging along early in the morning with my trusty dog Lucie. But then...then I started losing interest in it all. I was no longer feeling fulfilled as I once was when I first started out. I searched inwardly for the answer, hoping and praying it wasn't just because I was fat and lazy. And YEA! It wasn't because I was fat and lazy...it was because I was missing something. I can't believe it took me so long to realize but I was missing my morning snuggles.

That's right folks. I still snuggle my 4 1/2 year old in bed in the mornings...well, most mornings. Some mornings snuggling is "boring" (his word, not mine). I realized that my good mood was set by the warm fuzzies a young snuggle can bring.

I decided that the snuggles were more important to me right now than jogging in the morning with the dog. But just in case you thought I wimped out on that 5k...
TA-DA! I went through with it and made it the finish line. I can't tell you my time because I wasn't keeping track. This run was all for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment