Sunday, January 12, 2014

Confession #20: Left the Sun for Snow and I LOVE It!

I know you must think I'm crazy to have left ^this for...

...THIS...

BUT I love it!

I gladly leave behind the 100+ degree Summers for the, at times, -0 degree Winters. I love the freedom I feel here. Yes, California is free too, but some of my feelings of freedom come from more than just less nanny laws and litigation! My kid feels free, too. He LOVES the snow and carpeted floors (we only had wood and tile in our last house). Being a Stay-At-Home Mom doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouths of people here. Often I felt I was being judged for wanting to stay home and be with my kid.

And Cali-folk may hate me for this, but Idahoans are more polite and nicer! It's true! Me and this other car were apparently going for the same parking spot. The other car felt I was the one that got there first and offered me the spot with a smile! That didn't happen in California.

Yes, this is all speculation of course, but it's how I feel.

I'm been in heat-stroke-inducing weather for far too long....
And I'm ready for the freeze-your-tuckus-off kind...



No comments:

Post a Comment