Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dad-Confessions #1 Morning Person

Confessions of a Stay-At-Home-Mom Dad

All of my life I have been what I consider a morning person, not that I am excited to wake up, but once I do, I am up, and can think clearly about whatever I need to do. It is easy to blame the unhappy part of my mornings on the evil alarm clock, and move on.




In fact, before we had a kid the Stay-At-Home-Mom used to be highly jealous that I could regularly wake up like this:
It seems that it was beyond the realm of her believability that a person could be that way (perhaps she thought I was faking it). In any case, now we have Stay-At-Home-Kid, and every morning, right next to me either at my bedside, or actually in bed next to me is a variation of this:
As you can see, even in the picture, there is only one kid, but he is as loud and annoying as six. 


I try to sleep, and pretend that I still am asleep, but Stay-At-Home-Mom wants us to get things done, so she cheerfully wakes up and entertains Stay-At-Home-Kid, while getting a start on the day
I on the other hand, have spent many days trying not to be grumpy....

but I still wake up like this.                         






1 comment:

  1. let the record state that before Stay-at-Home-Kid was up and walking in to wake us all, I was the epitome of the OPPOSITE of a Morning Person. Only now am i remotely "happy" to be awake so the male does not eat his young...

    ReplyDelete