Saturday, July 6, 2013

Confession #4: Choose the Right

I believe I am always right, that my ideas are always right, and even when I'm wrong...I'm right! I'm even left-handed and when giving directions, when I mean "turn left" I say "go right". I actually think most people think they are right all the time as well. Why else would people tell me how to parent my kid in the grocery store, or where to go while driving, even though I'm pretty sure how to get to my destination. Even my doctor thinks she's right about how to live my life! So why can't I, the person living my life, be right all the time, too?

Actually, I don't really second-guess my rightness. And I don't see anything wrong with being right (obviously). I've had an eventful life, to say the least. I've been through a lot of life's experiences and come out on the other side, so I think I've earned my right to be right!

I'm not one of those that throws it in your face either. I never say, "HA! I was right!" I simply smile smugly in your direction until you acknowledge the obvious (no, not really...maybe).

I'm even right when playing games. I once played a game of Cranium four times in a row, each time on a different team, and was on the winning team each time (coincidence? No!) Now, I have a friend that witnessed that event that won't play any knowledge games with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment