Sunday, July 21, 2013

Confession #8: I LIVE For Platitudes

I love inspiring words, even if they are misquoted at times. Something about a platitude makes me think just a little more. I know they can be trite and vague, but I guess that's just who I am and that's why they speak to me the way they do...
I often do the things that are mentioned in these tidbits of inspiration. I have lived my life and these seem to say exactly what I've been through!

SEE?!

I know platitudes get a lot of guff for not being filled with wisdom for all and this article explains the possible reasons behind it all and what the difference between platitudes and maxims are. For my part, maxims tend to be more sarcastic and pessimistic whereas a good platitude seeks to inspire in a sometimes naive tone.



No comments:

Post a Comment